[lit-ideas] Re: Is this word really necessary?

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:37:35 +0000 (GMT)

>It's impossible to distinguish between what you wrote and what a previous
>>interlocutor dared to.

I had a look at my last two, Paul, as I sent them and as I received them.
Neither contained any quotation from the post to which I replied, which was
appended. But the quotation from a dictionary may have been reformatted in the
version you got. If so, this may be clearer (I have deleted part and changed
the punctuation)

hiraeth

  1. homesickness n. grief or sadness after the lost or departed, longing,
yearning,  nostalgia,  wistfulness, earnest desire

I'll look through posts where I do quote a poster  later

Judy Evans, Cardiff