[lit-ideas] Re: Is Huntington right?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:30:59 -0400

Lawrence, you don't think that was bizarre?  Obviously not.  You said it was
cute.  Cute little tanks going boom boom, then going to bed.  A regular bedtime
story.  No wonder the Japanese were capable of Nan King.  They obviously saw
nothing wrong with it.  It strikes me as strange that you get all up in the air
over Muslims torturing, but you admire a population that did what it did in Nan
King, which was far worse than what any Muslim has done, beheadings included
and think cute their reduction of tanks to a bedtime story (or whatever that
was).  Is that a bit inconsistent?  If they had half a chance, you don't think
they'd do Pearl Harbor all over again with those cute little tanks?