[lit-ideas] Re: Is Huntington right?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:22:14 -0400

You're right, actually.  We love our guns, big guns, little guns, useful guns
or useless guns.  We love 'em all.  So obviously do the Japanese.  It's hard to
imagine that people who love guns are not militaristic.  It might be why they
buddy up to the gaijin Americans.  It's unlikely that they would actually start
a war since they having an aging society (so few workers they might be either
importing Chinese workers or exporting work to China) but America is their
Jungian Shadow, their counterpart.  We do what they used to do, only not as
savagely.  We are their stooges, running around the world going boom boom with
our real tanks.  Birds of a feather ...