[lit-ideas] Re: Is 'All men are mortal' unscientific?

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:20:22 -0230

John jumps to conclusions. I was referring to moral virtue, not intellectual
virtue. But it's definitely an interesting conclusion to jump to. Morally, our
ends converge as interlocutors engaged in discourse; intellectually, everything
is permitted so long as we pursue the truth wherever it leads, come what may.

Walter O
The (Very Snowbound!) Rock of the Avalon
Newfoundland and Labrador