[lit-ideas] Re: Iraq: civil war, or something else ?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:31:42 -0500

I wonder though, if that was the original idea, why struggle with an
insurgency?  Why go through the gyrations of "peace with honor" (Johnson's
mess in Vietnam)?  Why not just say, well, they voted with their feet, let
them break up and do what they want.  The pieces of this premise aren't
fitting in place.  I admit I didn't read the article, but if the intent is
to sink the ship, then sink it.  Why shoot one's self in the foot and then
sink it?