[lit-ideas] Re: Iraq and news

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:10:59 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Andreas is not being unfair.  Everything I have heard from experts and analysts
says that there is, essentially, no way out.  Both staying there and pulling
out have disastrous consequences.  Tipping the scale slightly to the more
disastrous side is pulling out, especially too quickly.  It's hard to believe
that Bush et al. learned so little from this experience that they now are
talking about repeating it with Iran, who they suspect has nuclear weapons no
less.

Andy Amago