[lit-ideas] Re: Iran/al-Qaeda Ties Suggested

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:52:12 -0500

>>You want a war.

You need reading glasses. I don't want a war. Nobody wants a war with Iran. We'd need a national draft. Many millions of Iranians would die. It would be a tragedy far worse than the situation in Iraq. (I posted Hitchens' notion of a new truce with Iran, by the way.)

If you recall the genesis of this tiff, Omar posted a Web site deploring alleged US torture of al-Qaeda. The pull quote on the page contained a remark that KSM, the mastermind of the al-Qaeda 9/11 attacks, was being tortured by waterboarding.

My take was, "So what?" Waterboard him all they want. Big deal. I could care less what they do to such scum. Better yet, subject him to more abuse and give him an abusive burial. That would be fine with me. It would never ever happen, but I wouldn't object to the proposition.

If the Brits had captured Hitler during the Blitz and slapped him around a bit, I suppose you'd get all catty about their anger. That's your right, safely away from Ground Zero as you are.