[lit-ideas] Re: Iran (2), First Front

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 16:27:00 -0500

On what do you base this "Boom, no more city" and lay it at the doorstep of the terrorists? Sounds like something the US did in Fallujah. You have no more idea what the terrorists would do if in power than anyone else.

I personally witnessed what terrorists did in NYC. They struck buildings at the time they considered best to inflict the most casualties.

So if US forces were terrorists, we would have dropped BLU bombs over Falujah with no warning and killed the entire population. We could have done that easily, but instead allowed noncombatants to leave and used house-to-house fighting instead of city-crushing BLU bombs.

Ursula: "The birth of the US was helped along by terrorists."

This is of course wrong. The US Revolutionary fighters used Indian fighting techniques learned in the French and Indian Wars, instead of the European formation fighting techniques. Big difference from how terrorists act.