[lit-ideas] Re: Interview in the Washington Post

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:23:35 EST

Reads like a bad Monty Python script......

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Interview in the
Washington Post  Date: 1/16/05 1:10:08 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Washington Post interviewed Bush Jr. The  transcript is at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A12570-2005Jan15.html . It's a
remarkable
document, and well-worth reading for anyone who wants to know  Bush's plans
for Iraq, Social
Security, and the next four  years.

Below is an example of Bush's plans for Social  Security.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

The Post: Will you  talk to Senate Democrats about your privatization plan?

THE PRESIDENT:  You mean, the personal savings accounts?

The Post: You used partial  privatization yourself last year, sir.

THE PRESIDENT: Yes?

The  Post: Yes, three times in one sentence. We had to figure this out,
because we're  in an
argument with the RNC [Republican National Committee] about how we  should
actually word
this. [Post staff writer] Mike Allen, the industrious  Mike Allen, found it.

THE PRESIDENT: Allen did what now?

The Post:  You used partial privatization.

THE PRESIDENT: I did,  personally?

The Post: Right.

THE PRESIDENT: When?

The Post:  To describe it.

THE PRESIDENT: When, when was it?

The Post: Mike  said it was right around the election.

THE PRESIDENT:  Seriously?

The Post: It was right around the election. We'll send it  over.

THE PRESIDENT: I'm surprised. Maybe I did. It's amazing what  happens when
you're tired.
Anyway, your question was? I'm sorry for  interrupting.