[lit-ideas] Re: Interpretation and Elision

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:22:14 -0500

John Wager:

"'Trust' is something that should be a rare commodity. It should be
earned.  I don't trust easily, and I would not trust a chat room or an
online listserv because these are inherently 'open' to hiding behind
pseudonyms, assumed personalities, etc."

followed by:

"Let's trust each other enough to be able to handle a little bit of
mistrust, OK?"

all put into context by:

"But what does it matter to the rest of you how much I exaggerate, or
explore?"

Fair enough.  For my part, I will keep this in mind when I read Wager's
posts and consider responding to them.

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON