[lit-ideas] Re: Interpretation and Elision

  • From: david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:52:52 -0800

Well it's happened again, I've wasted another perfectly good day without co-ordinating an academic affair. I write this because I've just had an e mail from a person I took to be the unter-dean's sort- of secretary. She won't stoop to photocopying, but she does bits and pieces of work that one might recognize as within the realm of the secretarial. She is now, I see,

Academic Affairs Coordinator
Pacific Northwest College of Art

Julia in the car today, "I saw a vetinarian today who was out of work." "That's unusual. How did you know he was a vet?" "He had a dog." "Oh?" "And a sign." "A cardboard sign?" "Yes." "Did it say, 'Vet. Out of work' ?" "Yes!"

Papers and theses, theses and papers. These are the sea in which I swim.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon