[lit-ideas] Re: India and doctors

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:17:20 EDT

I e-mailed the contact e-mail address on the 60 Minutes website  w/ the same
query and it bounced back as "mailer-daemon" cannot be  delivered.  I tried
to call their contact number but w/ the time  difference it didn't work.  I'm
still curious enough to pursue it tomorrow,  though.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: India and doctors
 Date: 5/31/06 9:00:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _min.erva@xxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:min.erva@xxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Actually, I assumed it was a news story, but you're  right.  Half of all
newspaper stories are press releases, so that's a good  question.  I wonder if
it
would be possible to find out from 60  Minutes?  It did sound too good to be
true except that India in particular  is motivated to beat the pants off of the
U.S. in medical care.  One likes  to think 60 Minutes is impartial.

Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

At  05:01 PM 5/31/2006, you wrote:
> >>It directly contradicts a  newsmag TV piece I saw a couple months
> ago which spent an hour  exploring the hospitals in India and
> comparing them to  ours.
>

>I offered a very limited opinion (one NYC  hospital) but also an
>opinion based on real experience (one NYC  hospital). One wonders who
>produced and funded the newsmag TV  piece.

I'm sure Andy has her opinion about who  did.

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul  Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Leamington, ON.  Canada

Ring'em or ping'em. Make _PC-to-phone  calls as low as 1¢/min_
(http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman11/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://
voice.yahoo.com)  with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.