[lit-ideas] In the Wilde

  • From: Torgeir Fjeld <torgeir_fjeld@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:33:50 +0100 (BST)

Society sooner or later must return to its lost leader, the cultured and
fascinating liar. Who he was who first, without ever cutting the chase, told
the wandering cavemen at sunset how he had dragged the megatherium from the
purple darkness of its jasper cave, or slain the mammoth in single combat and
brought back its gilded tusk, we cannot know, and not one of our modern
anthropologists, for all their much-boasted science, have the gall to tell.
Oscar Wilde, /The Decay of Lying/

Torgeir Fjeld
Oslo, Norway

http://independent.academia.edu/TorgeirFjeld  //   http://facebook.com/phatic