[lit-ideas] Il Y A Personne

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 08:52:08 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/2009 8:47:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
palma@xxxxxxxx writes:
wrong again
il y a personne

frenchpod.com/lessons/brad-pitt-dresses-like-a-spy

il y a personne (there is no one)
hahaha.....
this happen to me once  when me and my friends was watching a movie, we are
5 and 3 of them buy some  food and drinks, i should guard the seat, then a
french couple come and asked  some question..
"il y a quelqu'un?" and my friend said
"oui! il y a  personne.." so i join the conversation by saying "si! il y a
quelqu'un!"
so  they're a little bit confused but at last the french couple just smile
and  search another place... hahaha...

JLS

fingertips.