[lit-ideas] Re: Ignore what the man said about there being no Sunday Poem today

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 17:10:15 -0800

I had to look chiggers up. Maybe we don't have them in this part of the world, or maybe the fact that I wear Wellington boots when we go blackberry picking has saved me from much discomfort. According to this website it's possible you applied the nail polish too soon:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question488.htm

I was removing blackberries from our yard. When first we moved here I thought, "blackberries! Come harvest time that will be great." Ha! So kind is our climate and soil to blackberries, Sleeping Beauty's forest is more or less what you get if you let them grow. We pull every small shoot that pops up, and then walk up the road to the woods beside the school to pick at harvest time.

As to the Maori, I'm as wary of their wrath as I am blackberries. Not the sort of folk I'd want to cross.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon

p.s. If JLS happens to be reading this...no Loebs at the rummage sale either. We are a Loeb-less wasteland hereabouts.