[lit-ideas] Re: IgNovle Prizes 2008

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 18:48:29 -0500

I call on fellow lit-iders to name their favourite prize.

Personally, I can't say any of them come close to this:

LINGUISTICS: Juan Manuel Toro <http://people.sissa.it/%7Ejmtoro/>, Josep B.
Trobalon and Núria
Sebastián-Gallés<http://www.ub.es/pbasic/sppb/ingl/cv/sebastia.htm>,
of Universitat de Barcelona, for showing that rats sometimes cannot tell the
difference between a person speaking Japanese backwards and a person
speaking Dutch backwards.
REFERENCE: "Effects of Backward Speech and Speaker Variability in Language
Discrimination by Rats <http://www.apa.org/releases/speech_article.pdf>,"
Juan M. Toro, Josep B. Trobalon and Núria Sebastián-Gallés, Journal of
Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, vol. 31, no. 1, January
2005, pp 95-100.

(J. L. -- have an opinion on the merits here?)

Julie Krueger