[lit-ideas] If he was Ian McHattie Crombie, is it OK to abbreviate it as "I. M. Crombie"?

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:52:05 EDT

My point was that

If his middle name was "McHattie", I would suggest a better abbreviation
would have been:

I. McH. Crombie.

--- to abbreviate "McHattie" (which I expected Ritchie to confirm to me if
it an aristocratic tartan?) is to abbreviate the O'Reillies as "O".

Etc.

---- Oddly, we are celebrating Tartan's Day next Sunday 11 April.  Why?

JL Speranza
Buenos Aires

In a message dated 3/30/2010 5:29:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

So many errors.  I'm not good with a small keyboard.   Apologies.
David etc.