[lit-ideas] Re: Ideology vs Experience

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 23:26:15 -0400

An intern is not a page.  Very young, but at least an intern is an adult.
This whole incident, which Hastert apparently knew about, is icing on the
cake of this corrupt do nothing Congress.  They need vacations to take
breathers from receiving lobbying money and to campaign for their jobs.
There's almost a seamless flow between industry and Congress; they're
almost as one.  Eric, what do you think about the book State of Denial?
It's amazing that some people are still using words like empire for this
country.  Boy, do I hope we can do better in 2008.  But Americans are so
stupid I'll bet the Republicans get back in again, and they'll be voted in
on security, again.  Wanna bet?

BTW, I heard Hastert interviewed a while ago.  What a piece of nothing.  He
spent something like 10 minutes talking about [a seating arrangement for a
meeting or some unbelievably inane thing].  Truly, it was like listening to
your next door neighbor teacher/wrestling coach, which he once was, which
is fine but he seems stuck there.  It occurs to me that schools generally
don't want to hear problems.  If you don't deal with your own problems, the
administration doesn't want to know you.  Sounds like that's the approach
he might have taken with Foley.