[lit-ideas] Re: I should have known better with a girl like you

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 03:59:25 +0200

Actually lovers have quite a few epistemological problems to deal with,
such as: :Does she love me ? Yes / no / maybe. And the person himself
/herself might not have a privileged insight into his/her own feelings at
all times, the passage of time shows and even Time may not be an absolutely
reliable instrument, only one that gathers inductive probability. (The last
remark is specially calculated to provoke Donal, as inductive probability
from past experience suggests with a very high degree of probability that
he is sure to deny any kind of validity to inductive reasoning.)

My two cents,

O.K.