[lit-ideas] Re: I shall say this only 5,000 times (allo allo)

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:41:06 EDT

I'm thinking Moms are incredibly imaginative <g>.

Julie Krueger
thinking sometimes "white lies" are truly compassionate.

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: I shall say this
only 5,000 times (allo  allo)  Date: 3/12/2007 1:38:24 P.M. Central Daylight
Time  From: _Ursula@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
I've been at the other end of this "of  course."   When my daughter was 2
years old, we had a puppy  (lab-terrier mix) who never socialized
properly.   He always  nipped at the kids' heels and barked at the
neighbours through the  fence.   We spent a lot of time with him (I was
home full time for  years) but couldn't get him to stop these and other
annoying  behaviours.   We tried giving him to a farm family who had no
children and no close neighbours, but they brought him back.   We
finally took him to the Humane Society with a warning about his
problems.  The warnings probably sealed his fate, but we told our
daughter that he had gone to a home where they needed a watchdog much
more than we did.   She seemed to understand and the following  year, we
bought a golden lab puppy (who was not perfect either, but had the
sweetest personality).   Kate and Marley grew up together.   Marley ate
our sofa one day when we weren't home, but we loved her  anyway.

There's another story, too.   My son was about  three.  We had been out
for a walk in the woods and stopped to admire  the spring runoff at a
little waterfall.   When we set off he had  a little stuffed dog with him
(named Ivan the Terrible) but when we  returned, he didn't have him.
Not being able to return to look  for him, we told my son that a squirrel
had surely rescued Ivan from the now  cold and freezing rain and that
Ivan was warm and safe inside a squirrel's  comfy home in a tree.   We
talked about Ivan for at least three  months, imagining his adventures
with the squirrel.

I'm sure  you all have stories like this....

http://www.aol.com.