[lit-ideas] Re: I had absolutely no idea ...

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:55:16 -0500

At 12:15 PM 11/10/2006, you wrote:
I don't know why that Rummy line got such a bad rep. It makes perfect sense in light of the global threats facing the West. And anyone who reads a book about intelligence-gathering will know it's spot-on accurate.

I agree. It might sound a little funny just because its repetitive nature, but it is grammatically astute and also an accurate assessment of the state of intelligence. Rumsfeld, with all his reputation for obfuscation was being very basic when he said this.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada