[lit-ideas] I dream of Ritchie

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 08:59:54 -0500

Being so well cited by his students, I hate to recite what David Ritchie wrote
in his post in my dream.  Yes, I dreamed I was reading a post of David
Ritchie!!!!  Do I need a sabbatical or what?!  In his post Ritchie urged us all
to grow green beans in plastic gallon milk jugs in our houses.  He tells us how
to cut off the top of the jug leaving a bit of the handle as a watering and
fertilizer spout, how to fill the jug with soil and mulch, how to anchor down
bamboo support stakes for the vine to grow on.   And not one joke or witticism.
 The man has found his mission!!

I rarely remember any of my dreams, but I remember bits of 3 from last night.
Besides the Ritchie one (of which I remember the most) I dreamed that I went to
my workshop (a detached house garage) for the first time in a long time and
when I opened the door I found myself in a field with knee-high grass -- inside
the garage -- I had to dodge these weird golden yellow bugs about the size of
hummingbirds that would drop down from the rafters, I was running from them
when I noticed something moving in the grass -- it turned out to be a woman and
her two young boys.  She asked if I had anything to eat, they were starving.
That's all I can remember.  No interpretations, please.  The other dream had me
on a large city plaza full of people.  Along comes a man dragging a huge
painting.  His legs give way under him and he collapses.  I help him up, ask if
I can take him somewhere.  Then someone else approached and I can't remember
any more.

If anyone is jealous because I haven't read their posts in my dreams, take
consolation in the knowledge that I well may have.  I just so very seldom ever
remember any details of my dreams that anything is possible.

Thanks for the how-to, David.

Mike Geary
Memphis