[lit-ideas] Re: I can only tell you this once

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:50:50 -0800

Thanks to Judy, I'm spending the evening watching episodes of "'allo, 'allo"; my library has them all on DVD. I can see why the show didn't travel--British actors doing bad German and French accents are an acquired taste--but then, when you see that this is farce and the rules of farce are the only ones which apply, it has its moments.

"Listen carefully, I can only tell you this once."

A brill line.

For those who will never see the show...the French Resistance fighter then usually repeats herself. Imagine an update of "Hogan's Heroes'" "I see nusszink" and you're almost there.

Thanks to Walter BTW...I loved the video.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon