[lit-ideas] Re: How to survive the loss of the universe

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:00:47 -0700

Interesting article on how Europe has become the center for physics.
The USA gave up in the 90s when it canceled projects.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24748826/  Last night at the reception,
there were people from everywhere: Chinese, Europeans, South
Americans, and so on. They all worked on the LHC.

A number of people last night talked about Sarah Palin. Palin is a
creationist (she thinks a "sky god" created the earth and all life
about 4,000 years ago). Such a person in the White House would put the
USA even further back in the sciences.

yrs,
andreas

--