[lit-ideas] Re: How to make a decision

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:28:02 -0700

Maybe I should write back to at least one college as follows:

Dear Chumps [the "p" is silent],

Thank you for your automatic response to my e mail. I am heartened by the thought that you run a lean office and are so busy helping students that you cannot attend to e mail personally. Your institution is clearly in very good hands. I have taken note of the fact that you are all out to lunch. My hope is that when you are not too busy you will send me a note asking me to fill out forms or to supply you with history or perhaps even make up an I.D. number for a student who is not yet enrolled. Since I'll be on sabbatical, your help in filling the long, lonely hours will be much appreciated.

Have a nice fall,

Dave