[lit-ideas] How is your parliament hung?

  • From: phatic <phatic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lit Ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 18:20:43 +0200

Dear listers,

We know that parliaments sometimes work only through collisions, as if governed by some logic most familiar from the CERN reactor. Our question is more modest than you once would imagine from the first sentence: once a coalition is established is it fair to continue speaking as if the parliament was hung?

To make a long story short: can each element in the alliance maintain its identity after the cooperation has begun?

-p

--
-- If thinking is what distinguishes man's
nature, then surely the essence of this nature, namely the