[lit-ideas] Re: How do I look (Re: Re: Takiyyah)

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 04:34:01 EDT

After four years of marriage I have simply learned not to ask how I  look.

Neither answer will satisfy as I am fully aware that husband's answer is a
desperate attempt to gauge wriggle room and hence I won't believe either
reply, but become either resentful that he's patronizing me w/ BS or become
defensive because I actually thought I possibly looked good before asking him
his
opinion.

Julie Krueger
learning to be pragmatic