[lit-ideas] How Evil Can You Be Without Having To Go To Confession?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:31:50 -0500

I'll readily admit that I'm evil in my joy at the current failures of the
"Financial Industry".

I've paid a gazillion dollars at least in over-draft fees to creepy banks in my
life time.  And I've always celebrated bank robberies as Robin Hoodish justice
even though I never got any back pay.  But what do the banks care?  Steal a few
thousand here, a million there, hell, they're insured against that.  Rob away,
robbers.  But this -- this is different.  There's no insurance against billions
lent to people like me with no way in hell to pay them back.  Ha ha ha ha ha!
You've got to love it.  I can see the drool spilling over their lips as
borrowers sign their no money down, interest only for the first five years, 40
year house loans.  Oh, yeah, sign me up.

Well, yes, you're right, I'm wrong, there is insurance against their unbridled
greed, they're insured by the U. S. Government -- the same entity that can't
afford health care doles out hundreds of billions of dollars to inept buddy-boy
industries.  Christ, you would think our banks were all Iraqi.

Of course I know all this will eventually kick me in the ass.  But it's fun, an
evil fun, which makes it even more fun,  watching the big boys fall.  Maybe I
can hire one of the out of work Lehman Brothers executives to do my books.  The
reason why such evil as mine exists is that it's self-gratifying.  As probably
all evil is.

Mike Geary
Memphis