[lit-ideas] Re: Horowitz v

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 21:25:35 +0100

> Thanks, Judy

You're welcome!  (Your link should work, I suppose the piece was moved
within-site; it took me a while to find it.)

Last night I listened to the audio through all of
> Horowitz and the first part of Steinberger. I'll listen to the part
> where things get testy and they depart from their notes this evening.

You're a better man than I am,  I couldn't bear even the thought of the
audio.  But
perhaps I'll try tomorrow.

> I have to say that I didn't believe any of the things Horowitz said
> happened ever happened

they can normally be proven untrue (or, a student alleged to have
experienced
something or other Nefariously Left can't be found)

 I don't even believe that all twelve of the Reed students
> Horowitz said he talked with had read a book on 'geopolitical theory'
> by Noam Chomsky

oh surely that must be true :)

Judy Evans, Cardiff