[lit-ideas] Re: Honor? Charles Taylor anyone?

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:27:00 +0100 (BST)

> > If the prejudices are pertinent, I'd say welcome
> > aboard.

> *I'd suggest, more or less pertinent would be
> reasonable.

I'd suggest more or less impertinent would also be reasonable.

>I for one haven't got access to Taylor's
> book.

Surely there are flights you can take to places on the earth where the book
can be accessed? If you tell me where you are I might be able to suggest
some. I am afraid that taken seriously this is the kind of defeatist talk
that is becoming all-too-common among students today. It would be more honest
to say, as Mike and I do, that though we have access to the book we have no
intention of making much effort in this direction and that even if it landed
freshly-minted in our hands it is doubtful we would even open it before
putting it aside.

Donal
I met Charles Taylor once
He's a Catholic isn't he?