[lit-ideas] Re: Homage to Donal McEvoy

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 18:40:10 -0330

Sounds like private reason to me.  Kant requires public reason for truth and
justice to prevail in a Republic of Ends. "Fisticuffs" is hardly an adequate
answer to "What is Enlightenment?" (Unless you're really, really good, and you
overthrow the champion. But if you lose ....)

Cheers, Walter

P.S. I have been asked to speak on Kant's conception of "Enlightenment" at a
conference. I accepted. Does anyone know anything about this? I certainly
don't.