[lit-ideas] Hiccup

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:36:02 -0500

Robert Paul, what happened to our Christmas Truce?  Not enough wine maybe?  My
husband bought the most beautiful bottle of wine I've ever seen.  It's German,
a riesling, called Moselland Ars Vitis.  The bottle has a "window" where the
label would ordinarily go, and on the back of the bottle there's a scene of the
Alps that you could see through the "window".  I have no idea what it tastes
like, it's too beautiful to drink.  I like rieslings, don't like reds too much.
 So we still waving that white flag?  Christmas isn't over yet, you know.
There's still Julian calendar Christmas.  Then there's Groundhog Day and the
Ides of March ...