[lit-ideas] Re: Hero-Worship, etc.

  • From: John Wager <johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 08:05:18 -0500

If you want to see the worst example I have come across of how "hero"
and "heroine" are different, take a look at these. For Hero:
http://undergraduatecenter.dhs.org/GladBook/pages/gladbook_p17-18.htm
For Heroine:
http://undergraduatecenter.dhs.org/GladBook/pages/gladbook_p17-18.htm
The "hero" slays the dragon. The "heroine" saves the children by running
away from the Indians.

(The whole book starts at
http://undergraduatecenter.dhs.org/GladBook/index.htm but don't go there
if you don't want to be bothered. I found this in a local grade school
library several years ago and couldn't resist scanning it in.)