[lit-ideas] Re: Help? (Missiles)

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:29:37 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:20 PM
Subject: Your Eyes Only

Here's a bit of fun.

North Korea is about to launch a missile. The US may shoot it down.

There was a grainy, low-resolution image in a news story.

A few days ago, I downloaded the latest version of Google Earth, which features hi-res images. So I wondered if I could find N. Korea's missile launch site.

Sure enough, it's at 40 51' 19" N, 129 40' 19" 'E

Those coordinates are smack on the site, so you can send this to Boy George so he can fire a peace missile at North Korea.

Anyway, that's a nice hi-res image of the launch pad. About 2,000 feet to the west (left), there's the missile assembly building. About 2,000 to the north is the control bunker.

I wonder if North Korea knows that their ultra secret Dr. Evil hideout is so easy to find on Google.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com