[lit-ideas] Re: Hate Clubs

  • From: Scribe1865@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:55:22 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/2004 11:34:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
You seem to have mistakenly concluded that everyone who hates Bush is as
inarticulate as your friend. They aren't. We aren't. At least I'm not.
You certainly aren't inarticulate Stan, and I appreciate you taking the time
to write very cogent reasons for hating Bush. (There are others. For example,
Bush is a C-student and proud of it, thereby setting a bad example for all
young Americans.)
However, my friend is not naturally inarticulate. He has an MFA, a
well-blurbed and regarded book of poetry, and is the recipient of several
grants and
awards. So to see him so driven by hate as to be almost unable to grasp his own
reasons for hating--struck me as something very unusual, something that seemed
to transcend the particular issues under discussion.

Perhaps it is fear for the future. He has three young daughters.