[lit-ideas] Re: Hate Clubs

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:29:48 -0500

In fairness to Bush, this IS an old saying in Tennessee:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee-I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee-that says, fool me once, shame on-shame on you. Fool me-you can't
get fooled again."

*******

And I'm sure the following would be understood in Arkansas where it was
said:

"If you don't have any ambitions, the minimum-wage job isn't going to get
you to where you want to get, for example. In other words, what is your
ambitions? And oh, by the way, if that is your ambition, here's what it's
going to take to achieve it."

*******

And I certainly agree with the following:

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of
human cloning to come out of that chamber."

*******

And who can argue with this?

"We're concerned about AIDS inside our White House-make no mistake about
it."

*******

Although I oppose Bush, I think he should get credit where credit's due.

Mike Geary
Memphis