[lit-ideas] Re: Hate Clubs

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:36:32 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jun 28, 2004 10:21 AM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Hate Clubs

Not that I support Bush, I laugh out loud every time I see him speak, but
other, quite articulate people [when they are prepared] have trouble
stringing sentences together. I could quote you 20 just as ludicrous
sentences from any transcription of any interview with Noam Chomsky  over
the years. I think we'd all agree that he is far from "Dumb". Bush just
uses smaller words, but his scatterbrained wording is very similar to the
incompleteness of thought that Chomsky displays when speaking off the cuff.

A.A. I wonder why he insists on speaking off the cuff if he knows his comments
will be cannon fodder.  Unless that's the point, to have people belittle him to
the point where the belittling becomes meaningless.  Or he might be self
destructive.  Maybe he likes pain.

Speaking of inflicting pain, I haven't seen Michael Moore's movie yet (waiting
to see it on my 65 inch TV), but I wonder if it won't backfire on him.  I heard
one reviewer say it seethes and for that reason is hard to watch.  For him,
anyway.

Andy

Paul

Paul Stone