[lit-ideas] Re: Hard core ideology

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 19:44:20 +0100 (BST)

(Lawrence)

The West has no intention of giving it up so when it discovers that its
population isn’t
 growing, it imports workers from elsewhere. That would work out if the
imported workers fit the pattern we have in America, but in much of
Europe they have been importing Islamic Fundamentalists who have no
intention of integrating into European society. It would be better, in
my opinion for these nations (and ours) to decide to pay for the Social
Security shortfall as another entitlement. If foreign workers can’t or
won’t integrate, it would be better for all concerned if they stayed in
their own countries.
<<<<<<<<<<

I take it you mean "importing Muslims".  Various European countries indeed
imported Muslims (and others from former colonies) as "guest workers", whose
chances of integrating were minimal.  Though those programmes have faded,
immigration restrictions have taken their place, and most Muslim entrants to EU
countries, now, are asylum seekers or family members.  "Integration", well, it
depends what you mean. I could name some notably integrated British Muslims --
that is, notable Britons who are Muslim and whom I'd call integrated -- but I'm
not sure there's much point.

I don't know what you mean by "pay for the Social Security shortfall as another
entitlement".

Judy Evans, Cardiff