[lit-ideas] Re: Happy Hiroshima Day!

  • From: Harold Hungerford <hh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:55:04 -0700

There are things I know how to do, but can't because of one sort or another of limitation -- physical (severe neurological damage to hands, for instance); lack of tools; lack of a competent collaborator, for jobs that take two or more people . . .

Harold Hungerford

On Aug 6, 2005, at 12:57 PM, JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

My husband has a long habit of strongly distinguishing between "the best we can" and "the best we know how". I struggle to figure out what the distinction exactly is, and how it applies in my everyday life of quotidian minutiae.

Julie Krueger