[lit-ideas] Re: Hands off poetry! | Manifesto Club

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 18:02:39 -0400

Mike:

Re David's post, I support this statement of yours.

Or are you saying that the poem addresses and captures a reality of human
nature and therefore you support its publishment and recognition as a work of
art?

One of my favorite painters is Goya.  One of my favorite paintings is Guernica.
 As art and as truth telling, which I totally support.   I am against
suppressing anything except stuff like violent video games for kids.  And the
concept that money is speech.

My comment to David referred to the difficulty (impossibility) of either one of
us trying to play Rachmaninoff on the piano.

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI