[lit-ideas] Re: Halloween & the crow

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:04:01 -0700

If it wasn't a second brood, it could have been guarding something else,
perhaps a half-eaten rabbit, but Sage would have gone after that if it was
on the ground.  She is an excellent scavenger.

Someone sent me a video of an owl coming in for the kill:
http://www.dogwork.com/owfo8/  The Crow or Raven darting at Sage didn't look
like it was doing that.  It was more of a close pass than a serious coming
in for the kill.  I'm sure that whatever the owl was going after weighed
much less than my 90-pound Sage.

Lawrence