[lit-ideas] Had to come back to send this just in case anyone missed it.

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:24:50 -0600

Republicans Blame Election Losses On Democrats
November 7, 2006 | Issue 42.45

WASHINGTON, DC-Republican officials are blaming tonight's GOP losses on
Democrats, who they claim have engaged in a wide variety of "aggressive,
premeditated, anti-Republican campaigns" over the past six-to-18 months. "We
have evidence of a well-organized, well-funded series of operations designed
specifically to undermine our message, depict our past performance in a
negative light, and drive Republicans out of office," said Republican National
Committee chairman Ken Mehlman, who accused an organization called the
Democratic National Committee of spearheading the nationwide effort. "There are
reports of television spots, print ads, even volunteers going door-to-door
encouraging citizens to vote against us." Acknowledging that the "damage has
already been done," Mehlman is seeking a promise from Democrats to never again
engage in similar practices.

The Onion.

GIF image