[lit-ideas] Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 22:22:00 -0700

On May 16, 2007, at 9:41 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

Today is Robert Paul's 35th birthday since he first stopped keeping count.  Happy birthday, RP!  God only knows what travails you've put our dear Lord through in all your questioning years, but if you ever need a character witness, feel free to call on me.

In Irish law there are two requirements for being a character witness: one must first be a character, and then one must witness. I judge that Geary qualifies on both counts. Robert Paul too. Actually I think we're all characters on this bus.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon