[lit-ideas] Re: Gun control

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:46:29 -0400 (EDT)

I couldn't agree more.  (BTW, I loved Martin Guerre.  It haunted me.)  It's
ironic I think that karate for children is so popular.  Powerless feeling
parents sending the kids to karate so the kids will feel the power the parents
don't feel and will protect the parents; i.e., another way parents can draw
sustenance from their children, which they do all (most) of the time anyway,
when they do anything at all.  There's a whole concept called "unfinished
business" which means that parents use children to fulfill their own thwarted
ambitions and desires, the flip side of which is their fears and hatreds.
Also, I want to say that my comments about fathers and fathering do NOT apply
to you, and I'm not just being civil either.