[lit-ideas] Gun Control

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:18:11 -0500

From the Washington Post today:
"Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) boasts of a favorable rating
from the National Rifle Association, which lobbies against gun control, and
House Democratic leaders are in no rush to jeopardize conservative freshmen
elected from Republican-leaning districts in Indiana, North Carolina and
Kansas."

God, we live in a sick country.  I remember when President Kennedy was shot,
remember all the talk of gun control that came to nothing, then Martin Luther
King, then Bobby Kennedy -- all the talk of gun control that came to nothing.
Then Reagan was shot and Brady and all the talk that came to nothing.  Then on
Feb. 2, 1996, the school kids started killing one another with guns.  The list
of incidents: Moses Lake, WA;  Bethel, AK; Pearl, MS; Paducah, KY; Stamps, AR;
Jonesboro, AR; Edinboro, PA; Fayetteville, TN; Springfield, OR;  Richmond, VA;
Littleton, CO; Conyers, GA; Deming, NM; Fort Gibson, OK; Mount Morris Township,
MI; Savannah, GA; Lake Worth, FL; New Orleans, LA; Baltimore, MD; Santee, CA;
Williamsport, PA; Granite Hills, CA;  Gary, IN; Caro, MI; New York, NY; New
Orleans, LA (2nd time); Red Lion, PA; Cold Spring, MN; Red Lake, MN; Jacksboro,
TN; Essex, VT; Bailey, CO; Cazenovia, WI; Nickel Mines, PA; Tacoma, WA; and
now, Blackburgs, VA.  More details at
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777958.html

Dead kids, that's regrettable, but at least there's no more talk of gun
control.  And that's a good thing.  There are too many sick fucks out there
getting their jollies from touching their guns to ever get guns outlawed.  Guns
don't kill people, bullets do.  Ammo control -- that's the way to end this
shit.  As Chris Rock advocates, tax the ammunition so that every single bullet
costs $5000.  There won't be any innocent bystanders shot then, he avows and I
agree.  Let the phallic-challenged have their foolers, but keep all ammo out of
everyone's hands, even the police -- especially the police.

Mike Geary