[lit-ideas] Re: Guess - Answer

  • From: John Wager <jwager@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:54:20 -0500

Andy wrote:
I'll read this later, but if we impugned everyone of good faith, which is to say motive, we'd find that most of our heroes when disrobed have very clay feet. I almost defy you to find one that has pure motives. For Veronica, I originally said [Marx] was right, and he was wrong, and I have no strong feelings one way or the other about him. I sympathize with his desire for a middle class, basically that's what he's doing, but I absolutely have no sympathy for his violent approach. Revolution is another way of spelling war. But then, people's imaginations are so limited, all they think of is violence. Even we went out and invaded Iraq; Vietnam, and on and on. Also, poor people are as greedy as rich people. Child exploitation is a horrific issue everywhere and always and is the root of all greed and evil. Capitalists were once children too, and the bad child rearing they experienced hardens them and makes them exploit the children they themselves once were. Hurt people will always hurt people and the cycle continues into forever. In fact, it's *only* hurt people who hurt people. Happy people just don't need to.
Both of the happy people?