[lit-ideas] Re: Guess

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 08:45:08 -0700

On May 6, 2008, at 5:27 AM, Donal McEvoy wrote:

I had no idea she was an artist.

If you want to see the development of her art try "Yes," a book which came out in 2000. In past seminars I have had two students give presentations on Yoko Ono, so it didn't occur to me that she was who you had in mind.

Not a major artist, but she managed the leap from training in Japan to gallery representation in New York, which is no minor leap.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon