[lit-ideas] Re: Guantanamo detainees.

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 04:20:59 +0000

 I'm clearly guilty of something, but lying involves intentionality and I
haven't been paying close enough attention, obviously, to be guilty of that.
You weighed in on the side of CAIR, the Jihadists, the Islamists, and the
anti-Spencerians.  Enough said.

Okay, back to Vichy.

Lawrence

From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, Aug-10-2007 5:41 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Guantanamo detainees.

> He opposes Spencer but supports terrorists detained at Guantanamo.

Lawrence, you're a liar. I support the 98% innocent people at Abu Ghraib. I
said nothing about Guantanamo. Read the original email below. You made that
up.

> Notice the Islamist-type language that describes American soldiers as
> brutal conniving evil people.

Another lie from War-Boy. He implies I said that. Read the Guardian. It's
British officers who say it.

> And then he claims that "98%" of the terrorists captured are "innocent,"
> and the "US military knew they were innocent."   Note the lack of
> references.

Yes, note the lack of references. This has been repeated so many times that
it's a well-known fact. If I said New York City is on the East Coast,
Lawrence would imply the lack of references makes this a dubious statement.
1) The high percentage of innocent civilians (note that I said captives, not
"terrorists", as Lawrence did) has been stated in a number of publications.
2) Why bother giving references? Lawrence will simply ignore them, just as
he ignored the Guardian article about US behavior in Afghanistan.

Lawrence, you insist on facts but you ignore facts. You don't want facts.
You just want more war.

You got your war. You lost. Stop whining.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, Aug-10-2007 9:43 AM

There's also the article in the current New Yorker that describes how the US
tortures people.

> Many in Guantanamo have been released -- eventually... -- without charge,
> the British citizens among them being held for a token 24 hours by our
> police, then released.

The USA simply seized people in their homes or off the street and threw them
into Abu Ghraib and other torture prisons. The vast majority of captives in
Iraq (98%) were innocent. The US military knew they were innocent yet it
wouldn't release them.

But Lawrence is all weepy over a possible (but not yet actual) violation of
someone's civil rights. That he ignores reality in favor of trivial
legalities is typical of welfare slackers.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com