[lit-ideas] Re: Ground Zero and Dowdophobia

  • From: Eric <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:58:40 -0400

On 8/23/2010 4:12 PM, Judith Evans wrote:
you thought she was too hard on Obama, Eric?

No, the tone, the writing style, the motives behind the writing ... I have no opinion about Obama. If I had cable TV, I might get bombarded by people telling me what to think about Obama. But really, I don't care one way or the other.

On the Web I see things like this (largely) by accident:

Ground Zero Imam Says U.S. Worse than al-Qaeda
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38673

But really I don't care about the politics, the imam's politics, sunstruck madmen politics, Dowd politics, the web page's politics. If the Sufi center becomes a recruitment center for jihad, ceremonially burn it down every year on 9-11; if it doesn't leave it alone. Same applies for the nearby strip joints.