[lit-ideas] Re: Gripes

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 09:13:59 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Scribe1865@xxxxxxx
Sent: Aug 20, 2004 11:55 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Gripes

In a message dated 8/20/2004 4:24:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Your explication of these terms is wonderful and I hate to throw them out as
frivilous for that reason, nevertheless, duty calls.  Humanity has two
hundred and three major gripes.  I'll tackle the first three.
(1) No food.
(2) No money.
(3) No sex.
Get out the razor for a quick shave. Entities must not be multiplied beyond
what is necessary.

No food = Predation. Some other predator got the food, or convinced the
populace that the money for food must be given to him as a tax break instead of
as
a subsidy for the local mission cafeteria.

No money = Predation. Some other predator got the money and/or prevented the
rest of the predatory populating from distributing it.

No sex = Predation, Gravity, or both. If you don't have enough money or
success to be sexually attractive, it's predation. If you are too fat to be
attractive or too old, that's gravity. Or you could be both unattractive and
unsuccessful, in which case both gripes are working against you.

A.A.  Equivocal.  The requirement that one be rich and successful to be
sexually attractive falls into the sub-category of Search for Good Sex,
category Predation, found under Appearance in the index.  Good Sex, or, being
happy with someone without consideration for money, is found under Contentment
in the index.  Gravity is an issue only in Search for Good Sex.  Not heard of
in Good Sex.

Andy Amago

It really ALL is about gravity and predation. I know. I checked. My book
about it is forthcoming from Hyena Press. It's a weighty tome, natch.

9.8 m/sec/sec through my incisors,
Eric

Nothing at all will be attempted if all possible objections must first be
overcome.
Samuel Johnson